“ We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love"

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Okay, so I know it's been forever, but I kind of broke my computer and have been using the hubby's to check my email here and there. He's at work today so I snagged it for a little bit longer. Heads up: Dr. Pepper and a laptop keyboard don't mix.

Anyway, I'd like to use this post to share about the hubby's birthday bash. We had family come up on the 5th and spent the afternoon at the beach. My mom, grandparents, my cousin, his girlfriend, Mike's mom, my two nephews and niece, three little cousins, and Mike's cousin and his girlfriend had a blast! Everyone brought a dish and we grilled chicken and hot dogs. I made my devil's chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter and Nutella swirled frosting.

That's the hubs and the cupcakes
It was so hot and humid that day that my trees didn't stay straight, but it looked great before the picture was snapped. The trees are pretzel rods with marzipan tops. The hammock is a "blazin' blue-green" fruit roll-up. You can't really see it in the photo, but there's a green fishing pole, blue fishing pole, tackle box, and his Five-Finger shoes he also wanted me to make from Marzipan. All edible. :) It was super fun to make and they tasted so good!

Here's the recipe for the frosting:
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 cup Peanut Butter
4 cups powdered sugar (I didn't use the full 4 cups because I wanted it thinner for piping)
2 sticks butter (room temperature)
Up to 2 tsps milk.

Cream butter and peanut butter. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time. Mix until blended. Add milk to desired consistency. For the Nutella frosting, just substitute Nutella for the Peanut butter. 

Then, I just made quick-change bags using plastic wrap and put one peanut butter and one Nutella bag in the decorating bag and piped it out onto the cupcake. By putting each quick-change bags side-by side in the large bag, it came out swirled. :)

Note: it may be a good idea to keep the hubby out of the kitchen during this process unless you want missing frosting. Haha. I had plenty extra, so I kept him around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment