“ We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love"

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Reading!

In the ten-something months that I've been married, I've learned some pretty cool stuff about marriage. One of those things is the fact that we don't need to put tons of energy into entertaining ourselves when we're together. My hubby and I like to just hang out.

I recently got him interested in reading the Harry Potter books. He got to the fifth one and stopped reading because the fifth one is probably the most slow-paced of them all. She crams a whole lot of information into them and it can bog you down. Anyway, he ran out of books to read and I told him that he could just skip the fifth one. I told him what happened and he started reading. I picked up the 7th again and we sit for hours and just read. We take momentary breaks to share something funny or if he comes across a question. We've always done that though.

My favorite thing about summer is when I get to string our double-wide hammock between two trees, grab our tie-blankets and a couple of books. Sometimes the books are completely different from each other, but we just lay there and read in silence by each other. We've spent hours doing that and I absolutely love it.

That's the awesome thing about marriage, especially when we have a lot of the same interests. I can do the things I love and he can do the things he loves with each other and not worry about boring the other. I love to watch him play Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360. He doesn't ignore me when he plays either. My job is to look for eagle spots, feathers, wanted posters, and anything else he could be collecting as he's working on missions. It's fun and I can be a part of it. Likewise, he's helped me with Spyro.

Thought I'd share that. :) I'm off to read while the hubby is at work! :)

I'm leaving you on this note: Another thing I love about summer: fresh fruit, and all of the wonderful things you can do with it. Here's an idea for some strawberries: I stumbled on them. I check out her blog ALL the time to see what sweet stuff she's coming up with. Just likes these. Yummmm....
Cheesecake stuffed strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment