“ We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love"

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Marzipan

Ha. So, I attempted to use Marzipan today. Let's just say this: I love to bake and decorate, but I've never used the stuff before, so naturally, I did a little research and dove into it. Apparently, it takes A LOT of time to get it to what you want it to look like. I've played with modeling clay/play-dough before, but this is a bit different. After throwing a bit of it away, I got to where I wanted to.

The hubby's birthday is coming up soon and we're doing a family birthday gathering next week. I prefer baking/decorating cupcakes, but wanted to add a little special flare since he didn't really celebrate his birthday last year (everyone was busy doing wedding stuff). I decided to do a hammock attached to two trees (one tree in one cupcake, the other in another cupcake) and it would hang over a few more cupcakes. The hammock was so hard to figure out because I'm not sure how well it'll hang once it dries/hardens, whatever Marzipan does.....yeah, haven't figured that one out yet either! Ha. Anyway, I couldn't leave it at two trees and a hammock though. What would I put next to the trees? Well, I'll tell you. Brown flip-flops (match the hubby's), two fishing poles (complete with line and worm), and a tackle-box equipped with a hook and yellow bobber. Yes, all made of Marzipan (except for the fishing line). Those turned out pretty cute and are currently drying.  I'll post pictures later.

For the rest of the cupcakes, Mike wanted devil's chocolate cake with nutella and peanut butter swirled butter-cream frosting. YUM. He's in love with peanut butter frosting, but when I told him that I found a recipe for Nutella frosting, he said he couldn't decide which he wanted, so he chose both. It should look pretty. :) So yep, that was my day. Died fingers and all.

Hubby will be home in a half hour and we're going to pop in a movie and chow down on cupcakes. :) Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment