“ We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love"

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Soapy adventure

I made two kinds of loofah soap today. :) The first kind is a red/orange and yellow mango soap. The second kind is a caramel colored-mint tea infused soap. I made the mango for me and the mint for the hubby. He has a slight obsession with mint soap.

Anyway, For the mold, I used my metal muffin pan. I had a natural oil (it was part of a sea-salt scrub I had) and I greased the pan with that, so the soap was easier to pop out. The yellow ones were prettier, but the mint ones turned out okay too. For the loofah, I just cut it into pieces and fit them into the muffin pan. I used Melt and Pour (M&P) glycerin soap, melted it in a pan, and added the scent/color/tea. Then I poured the light colored soap over the loofah first. I gave it a few seconds, and poured the darker color on top of it and let it mix in.

Here's how they turned out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment