“ We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love"

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sky-Diving Birthday Card

So, July is a busy birthday month, so I'm sure I'll be posting several of these, but here's the birthday card for Mike's cousin, Joey. :) He loves to sky-dive, so the hubby asked if I'd make a sky-diving themed birthday card for him. I accepted the challenge and ended up with this:

 I didn't have any silver paper, so I just used regular computer paper and a silver sharpie for the parts on the plane. I cut out the shape of the plane using computer paper and then cut out the wings and the nose and put them on separately, so they pop out a little bit. The little sky diver is black marker and the face/helmet/goggles are glued on so they kind of pop out as well. For the sky, I used a brush and blue food coloring to "paint" the paper. Then, I ripped it and put pieces together, making it look like the clouds were coming through as well. Throw in some letter stickers, and you got the front.
Here's a little closer view of it. :) 
The inside said: "Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards for there you have been and there you long to return."--Leonardo da Vinci.  :) I just cut out paper clouds and used a crayon to add shadow and depth to them. I used the left over sky parts from the front as well.

Ta-Da! 

No comments:

Post a Comment