“ We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love"

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Coffee date, Top Shot, and homework

Happy Thursday! Usually, I don't look forward to Thursdays because of the amount of homework I have, but today's been pretty darn good. The hubby and I watched some "Top Shot" on Netflix today and hung out. I had coffee at Starbucks with a friend this afternoon. Boy, let me tell you. It was so nice to get out of the house. Usually, I'm stuck in the house/on the porch doing homework all day while the hubby is at work. For example, I only got 2 hours of human contact yesterday and it can get pretty lonely. The nice chat with Lara today was refreshing. I came home, ate some late lunch and started on homework. I'm taking a quick break and then will hopefully hang out with Mike, a close friend of ours. He was part of the "adopt a freshman" program the hubs and I started last August. We knew Mike from our home town and also know that living in the dorms can get a bit.....old after a while. Since we would have tons of left-overs anyway, we usually invited him over for dinner once or twice a week. We got good company and he got good food. (I haven't mentioned that Mike (my husband) is a Hospitality Management major and comes from a long line of AMAZING cooks. :) Anyway, although Mike is now a Sophomore, he's still part of our little family here in Marquette. He has his own place outside of the dorms for the summer, and I like to hang out there while the hubs is working. We play halo. And eat fried potatoes. It's all good. :)

Update on the baby skunks: They're still roaming around and are cuter than EVER. :) Awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment