“ We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love"

Monday, June 13, 2011

Harry Potter, Scam, and Chicken Parmesan

Today was the hubby's second day off from work and we spent the majority of it curled up on the couch reading Harry Potter. He's on the Seventh for the first time, and I'm on the sixth. I couldn't have imagined a better day to relax.

Onto the scammer....I had posted my Macbook on Craigslist a while ago, and had gotten a response on it yesterday that was willing to pay $100 more than the price I had asked to cover the shipping cost and the hastle of packaging. I was hoping to find someone local, but I really could use the money, so I had asked where said person was located. He had made it sound like he was in the area, but because of work, couldn't make arrangements to come pick it up. I had thought that  I could drop it off to him if he was around the area. He had responded quickly and said that he was in California and the computer was for his cousin overseas, but he would be purchasing it for her. He asked for my PayPal email so he could send the money to PayPal. I had never used it before, so I created an account and sent him the email. I told him that once the money was in the account, I would ship the computer to him in CA. Well, I waited and waited. When I woke up this morning, I checked my email and PayPal to see if the money had been sent. No luck. I emailed him again and asked if he was still interested. He responded later that he had sent the money to the account and that I should be getting an email notification from PayPal. I had definitely gotten a "confirmation email" but it wasn't really from PayPal. It was a fake email account that he had created in order to pretend to be PayPal. The email said: "$Immediate Payment of $750 is pending. Reply to this email with the tracking number of the package for it to be put into the account." I scrolled down and saw the address. It wasn't to California. It was to Nigeria. I Googled Craigslist Scam and found that this was happening all the time. I'm just glad that I wasn't as gullible as he hoped I was going to be. I waisted the time yesterday with this idiot, but I'm still in possession of my laptop.

On a happier note, the hubby made Chicken Parmesan tonight for dinner. It was delicious. And filling. And now I won't have to make him lunch tomorrow for work. :) I love leftover days. :)

Off to play Candamir. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment