“ We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love"

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie.

I told you I had an obsession for mason jars! :)

So, I was craving a PB&J, but wasn't hungry enough for the whole sandwich. I decided to make a quick PB&J smoothie! :) Oh, you want one too?

Here's what you need:
Blender.
1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I used Natural with Honey)
1/3 cup Jelly (I used Strawberry Preserves)
About 1/2 cup of Yogurt (I used Plain Fage (Fayeh) Greek Yogurt)
1/2 cup of Milk....or so. 
1 frozen Banana (not pictured because I didn't have one, but I usually use them in my smoothies)

Yes, I already drank half before the picture.
 I couldn't help myself.

Put all into the blender and blend! :) Depending on the type of peanut butter, jelly, and yogurt you use, the consistency may differ, so the amounts may need to be altered to reach the consistency you like. The yogurt I use is thick and much like sour-cream. You'd probably need a lot more yogurt if you use Yoplait or something like that.

Because I didn't have the banana, I stuck it in the freezer for like 7 minutes or so.

Note on Fage yogurt: If you haven't tried this Greek yogurt, you probably should. It comes in singles as well, but the jam or honey is in a separate spot so you can either mix it all together or take a scoop of yogurt and dip it into the jam/honey. It's the best yogurt I've ever had. :)

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment